Saturday, August 22, 2015

Taking strong action in judging myself

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I made a very terrible error Thursday while talking with Pam ... misusing a scripture ... I recognized it immediately and repented to God and apologized to Pam. 

Later I went to grocery and the young man who carried groceries out asked if I had any plans for rest of week ... I grew very still for a moment, not answering him ... then I said to him, "Take no thought for tomorrow."  He was as if hit by hammer and then said something like, "That's right" ... I felt he knew this is scripture ... And I said, "That's a good way to live."

I believe I need to spend much more time "taking no thought for tomorrow" ... It is obviously a weakness in me ...

At the time my misuse happened, I was talking to Pam about the current golf tournament and how it wasn't very interesting but "next weeks" tournament would be interesting ... then I think I said something like I shouldn't be taking thought for tomorrow ... then I went on and misused the scripture.  Terrible.

So I had one victory with the young man but two defeats.  Not good enough to win the race.

Paul says:  I Cor. 9 ... 24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection:lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

I ask God to help me with this ...  I would think it would be good to keep this scripture before me and do it constantly until it takes root.  Or perhaps there is another scripture.  I have faith God will show me.

I want this put to death in me.  I recognize it ... I turned to God ... He is unraveling it ...

In meantime I can work with that which I'm given already which is doing "take no thought for tomorrow" and strongly disciplining my mind, stopping myself when I try to take thought for tomorrow and returning to that scripture, focused on it again.

As I try to do this scripture, I am really going to try to take no thought for tomorrow ... no prescheduling of my TV plans, just focusing on today ... stop thinking of tomorrow activities such as football that is coming ... just take it that day that it happens... stop looking forward, focusing on today instead of tomorrow.

I need much more discipline in this to get it in me.  And I know once I have it, it will pay great dividends.  It is certainly worth the efforts. 

 Proverbs 3:15 She (wisdom from God) is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

I'm starting right now.

This is a time when deception and evil are rampant like a flood.  God can and will sustain us.  We have to work with what HE has already given us to stay afloat.