Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Standing on the Word of God series: Example 12

From Joan Boney

I have a cleaning woman who attacks me whenever possible, implying I have done something foolish, usually paid too much for some item.  This woman has a very strong love of money.  She is also Catholic.

She often says things to belittle me.

I turned to God:  What should I do?

I heard the following scripture which shows me the way to go.

... let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation. James 5:12

I must stop trying to be friendly to this woman.  I must stop speaking.  Just answer "yes" or "no" and leave her alone.

This is what I must do with her and keep on doing.

I know to do this I will have to keep this scripture before my eyes, especially when she comes to clean.  I must also pray and be sober in my speaking and just learn to say "yes" or "no" and no explanations to her.

Immediately I am writing this instruction on a card and plan to keep it before me on Monday when she comes and do what it says.  I will likely carry this card with me when she arrives and look at the instruction before speaking to her and keep looking at it all the time she is at my house which is about 3 hours.

It takes effort to do the word of God.

But as long as I do the above I will be on a solid rock.

Mt. 6 ... 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not:for it was founded upon a rock. 

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell:and great was the fall of it.

==========


Please share with us the examples you have where you stood on a scripture to fight fear or persecution so we can print your example on the blog to encourage others.  

Email: joanboney@sbcglobal.net