Saturday, August 29, 2015

Standing on the Word of God series: Example 16

From Joan Boney

In 1982, I was on radio from coast to coast in USA and would go to the cities where I was on radio and have two or three days meetings for the radio audience.

God gave me the following dream sometime in 1982 ... In this dream I was shown a very dangerous situation and then a voice in the dream said ... "Don't go until you see Exodus 15."

Immediately, I cancelled all meeting for the entire year ... no more meetings scheduled ...

A woman in our group said to me:  Joan, you can't do this.  You must have those meetings.  If you cancel those meetings you will lose a lot of money.  (People did give offerings when they came to the meetings and hundreds of people were coming to each meeting in those days.)

I replied to this woman:  "God told me not to go and I'm not going."  (And I didn't go out and I never went out again.  That was more than 30 years ago and I still have not gone out.  But there is plenty of money for me.  There is no lack at all.  I even have a 100-fold-return by not going out ... I have a very nice house to live in and many wonderful things to enjoy, especially in sound system and wood burning fireplace. And I get to go out on blog which goes all over the world immediately without cost ... but I stay home and write these exhortations.)

==========

The word of God can come through scripture which we stand on ... or the word of God can come through dream which we stand on ... When it is from God a dream is as much a word of God as is a scripture from the Bible... Read Matthew 2 for examples of God speaking through dreams ... Also in NT church, God led the apostle Paul through a dream ... Acts 16 ... 8 And they passing by Mysia came down to Troas. 9 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. 10 And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

==========


Please share with us the examples you have where you stood on a scripture to fight fear or persecution so we can print your example on the blog to encourage others.  

Email: joanboney@sbcglobal.net