Monday, September 9, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

John 7:18 ... He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


I know my job is to speak that given me by the Holy Spirit.  Whatever God brings to my attention by His Spirit in me, I speak.

For years I had meetings in the cities where I was on radio.  I never planned anything to say.  I just read the Bible and meditated on the scripture called to my attention.  Then when I walked out on stage to speak, I spoke what was called to my mind.  Sometimes it would be a scripture.  Sometimes it would be a dream.  Sometimes it was an example showing the working of God in solving a problem.  I always reasoned that God knew what the people there that day needed.  I didn't.  So I just spoke what HE brought to my mind.

When I was on radio I did the same thing.  I didn't plan out messages.  I set the timer for the 29 1/2 minute broadcast and began speaking that which was called to my mind.  Not once did I ever edit a radio broadcast.

My dependance was entirely on God.

The same thing is true when I write these exhortations.  I just speak that which is called to my mind without planning anything.

So many ministers plan out what they are going to say.  They even put the subject of their next sermon on billboards outside their church buildings.  I am amazed.  I always wonder how they can be following the Holy Spirit and know what the subject is.

And so often they speak very "wise" sounding things which make the people think they are really something.

A woman once told me the following: " Sunday I couldn't understand anything pastor said ... meaning that pastor is so intelligent ... she admired pastor for this ... This is example of what Jesus said in Jn. 7:18 ... He that speaketh of himself (of his own ideas) seeketh his own glory: 

He that speaketh of his own planning is exalting himself and his own thinking.

Several years ago, my cousin died.  His nephew, who thought himself a minister, was to conduct the funeral.  I went to my cousin's house before the funeral and the nephew and his dad were sitting at a big table writing out the funeral service.  I thought:  Why don't you just get up and speak that which God gives you?

Jn. 7:18 ...  but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Paul said ... And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:  5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. (I Cor. 2) 

This is one of the examples given me by God when I was shown to go into ministry.  By it I knew what I was supposed to do when I spoke in ministry.  In meantime, I just read Bible and meditated on scripture.  And this is still what I do 30+ years later.

Jesus said ... It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.  Jn 6:63