Saturday, September 7, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney

Psa. 119:150 ... They draw nigh that follow after mischief: they are far from thy law.

-  cousin
worker
-  pastors who send emails
-  false prophet


mischief:  denoting misfortune or distress ...  harm ... adversity ... deliberately create trouble ...

II Tim 3 ... (they are) fierce ... like wild animal ... snarling ... teeth showing ... attempting to get at me to hurt me ...

Do not put yourself in their path when you see this in them ... don't read their emails ... don't answer phone from them ... avoid them completely ...

thorns & thistles will puncture you ... keep you from doing the work of God by focusing you on themselves ... avoid them!

=======

Meditation: Pam Padgett 

Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

A shepherd:
- always watches over each sheep in the flock
- provides food, water, care to the sheep
- protects sheep from enemies
- leads them to the best place for them at any given time

sheep don't have to work out what they need for themselves; aren't worried or concerned ... just go where the shepherd leads them

want:
- lack
- be short of something desirable or essential
- need
- state of being poor and in need of essentials; poverty

the sheep do not lack anything needed because the shepherd watches over them and provides what they need

God watches over me, provides all my needs, and leads me to where I need to be and in what I need to do.  I can safely depend on Him as a sheep depends on a shepherd