Thursday, September 19, 2013

Don't turn from the word God gives you

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

God said to Joshua ... Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:7

Recently I purchased a new A/V processor for sound and video ... The sound is great but the video was a little less clarity than my previous processor which quit working.

Each time I tried to watch TV, I would think, "That's almost the picture I was getting."  With the previous processor the only time I even thought about the picture was when it was so outstanding that it looked as if the person on TV was standing in my room in front of me and then I would say, "What a great picture."

There is a video processor which I could add and it would probably boost the TV picture.  I asked God what I should do.  I also asked God which model I should get if I was to buy this machine.  

The next morning after praying this the night before, I awoke thinking of this video processor.  I said to God, "But who could I get to install it?:"  Instantly I had,  "Sound Wave" (a business in Lubbock), called to my attention.  But I didn't want to do that.  My last dealing with Sound Wave had likely offended them and I didn't know if they would be willing to work with me.  "Sound Wave", I questioned?  Again it was confirmed to me to call Sound Wave.  

I didn't want to call Sound Wave but as soon as they opened that day, I quickly called them and thought I would talk fast to give me courage to ask if they would consider working with me.  Kurt said they certainly would help me.  So I scheduled Patrick even before I had ordered the machine which Sound Wave did not handle.


I was going to call the manufacturer to order the machine directly from them but I had my sound guy, David, called too mind.  So I called David.  "Yes", David said he could get this machine for me and he would sell it to me less 20% of retail.  And David told me exactly which of the 3 models I needed.  So I ordered it from David.

It took great courage for me to call Sound Wave and ask them to help me!  I had to humble myself to do this.  But this is what I felt I was supposed to do so I did it.

The direction to buy this machine was something I saw as the mercy of God ... for had I stayed with the picture I was getting from the processor I know it would have troubled me a little each time I turned the TV on.  I saw the mercy of God in not wanting me to be troubled even in this small matter and in providing a way of solution and also the exact way to go in purchasing the machine and in getting it installed.

When you believe you have heard from God, you need to carefully do each step even when it causes you to have to humble yourself as in this story.