Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Meditation examples

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Often when I am meditating in scripture, I will write the scripture in my notebook and write definition of words or thoughts brought to my mind or other scriptures when they come to mind, knowing it is Holy Spirit reminding me of these things.  Sometimes I will be reminded of people and sometimes of dreams connected to people or events.

I just sit and think on that which God brings to my mind in connection with the scripture.

=========================================

Meditation:  Pam Padgett

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

stayed - kept in place ... not wandering off, following other things

Not getting caught up, pulled aside with ways of this world ... stuff on tv, what neighbors say

Mind kept on what God has said ... what God wants me to do

- turn to God with each concern

- continually seek to know what God wants me to do ... blog?  Joe?  windows?

- spend time with the word brought to my attention by the Holy Spirit, and try to do that word. 

- take thoughts to God so my mind can be renewed to the ways of God
------- devil brings thoughts that God won't help me in this ... write them down so don't go that way

==============


Meditation:    Joan Boney

Joshua 1 ... There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. 6Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.  7Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.  8This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.  9Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.


 strength & courage:  Courage not to communicate with those people who trouble you needlessly
 (thought of names of those people to avoid)  Emails to them in answer to them will cause them to email you and you will be entangled and drained and it will do no good for only God can make them understand.  Leave them alone.  If you answer them and entangle self with them it will stop the ministry to which you are assigned ... must protect the ministry ... focus on exhorting the church ... focus on your assignment from God...

good fruit vs evil fruit ... good fruit nourishes the body ... must keep myself in a position to nourish the church ... avoid those who product bad fruit ...

Bad fruit ... Jeremiah 29:4 ... Jeremiah 24:8 ... Jeremiah 29:17-18

evil figs ... cursed ... Jeremiah 24:9

-  to be a reproach (an offense, disappointment, rebuke, disapproval)
-  to be a proverb (a by-word)
-  to be a taunt  (to anger, wound, or provoke you)
-  to be a curse (harm, cause of harm or misery)





Meditating in Word of God empowers me to do that which God wants me to do and to avoid those things God wants me to avoid.

Meditating in Word of God gives me strength and courage

Meditating in Word of God gives me endurance to continue to do what I believe God has shown me to do without wavering 

Meditating in Word of God is eating flesh of Jesus and drinking HIS blood.  It is life.  It drives devils away.

Meditating in Word of God allows me to put my faith in God