Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

John 8:26-28 ... I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. 27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. 28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


As Jesus (THE WORD) was sent into the world in the flesh, and spoke only that given Him by the Father, so are we to do.

That Word from the Holy Spirit is TRUE.  Our reasonings might not be true.  But when we hear from God by His Spirit, that is true.

It always amazed me that Jesus did nothing "of Himself" though HE was the WORD made flesh.  Even then he spoke only that which God, the Father had taught Him.

This is certainly our pattern.