Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

John 6:28-29 ... Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


Believing on the word God sends is the work of God in our lives.

At the time I was born again, August, 1975, I owned a business in Dallas, TX.  A woman sued me over a happening in my shop.  I had to go to court over this.  Before the trial, I heard, "Don't testify."  I believed that word was from God.  Every time I prayed I heard same thing:  "Don't testify." 

I told my lawyer I wasn't going to testify.  He said that was okay.  We had the testimony of the woman who worked for me and witnessed the event.  But my lawyer added, "However if you testify there is no way we will lose this case."  I kept checking with God through prayer and kept hearing each time, "Don't testify."


We went to trial.  1/2 way through my lawyer came to me and said, "Flo's testimony wasn't as strong as I had hoped for.  If you will testify, we will win this case."  I replied, "I'll see."  I left and went to rest room and prayed and I heard, "Don't testify."  I came back in court room and shook my head "NO".  I did not testify.  I was acquitted.

At one time, during this trial I said to God:  "I certainly hope you know what we're doing.  We're going to lose this case."  But I didn't lose the case.  And I did not testify.

When we believe we have heard from God, that is the only way we can go.But we also must try that spirit whether it is of God.  I Jn. 4

The way I try the spirit, try the thought, is by prayer, asking God to confirm what I heard when I am in doubt or when it is specific instruction such as the "don't testify" example.

If you try following scripture without hearing that scripture from the Spirit of God you can really get in trouble.  So many people pick out a scripture and try to do it thinking they have heard from God.  They sacrifice themselves and their families as they try to go all over the world to preach the gospel.  They beg for money to support their many works.  I know they are not hearing from God.  I know they are not following God by His Spirit.  For when we are following God, there is no want. Psa 23:1...  When we convince ourselves we must do something there is often want, sometimes great want.  So I know these people are not of God because when the Lord is our shepherd, we have no want ... Psa. 23:1 ... Because HE is leading us into green pastures and beside still waters.  They follow another spirit as they set about their many works.

The man across the street from me was convinced God told him to write a book comparing the constitution of USA with the Bible. This is nonsense.  When he wrote the book and tried to get it published no one would publish it.  Someone prophesied over him that he would quit his job with FBI and live off the book.  Again nonsense.  But people want to believe they are doing something for God.  So often they cannot be persuaded otherwise. 

Sometimes it is another spirit speaking.



Jesus said of these people:  Mt. 23:15 ... Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.




Mt. 7 ... Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them,  I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.