Sunday, September 29, 2013

Uncleanness as a work of the flesh

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Gal. 5 ... Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.  25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.


What is "uncleanness"?

This word is defined for us in the following scripture:

I Thess. 4 ... That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.   7For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

defraud ... would be to take advantage of another person for your own personal gain ... either in money or in time ...

We must be very careful in dealing with people.  Often I end up paying even more than required when I deal with people.

My sound guy, David, is not a greedy person.  He lives 450 miles from me.  He freely sends workers to help me.  He does not charge me to do this.  He just says he has a lot of frequent flyer miles stored up.  But that worker has to drive from East Texas to Dallas to catch plane (100 miles one way).  David has to pay the worker for the day's wages.  When David is sending a worker here, I just send David a check for $150-$200 to help with expenses.  David always tells me I don't have to do that.  But I consider it would be wrong not to do that.  So I do it.

I think this examples shows us how we must not defraud another person.  We must deal fairly or even generously with that person.

So often when I am considering what to pay, I will think of a figure and I will hear an even higher figure. which I believe to be from Holy Spirit.  I always choose to pay the higher figure.

It is not the worldly question:  "How much can I get this job done for" ... rather it is the question, "What amount is right in the sight of God?"