Friday, September 13, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney

I Peter 5 ...
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9Whom resist stedfast in the faith

Be vigilant ... Keeping awake ... sensible ... alert ... maintaining a careful watch for possible danger or difficulty

My mother had a dream where I visited them and was driving a very large type RV ... It was white (sanctified) and I kept walking around it, protecting it.

I knew it was the ministry and I kept protecting the ministry that I had been given by God.

Device of the devil:  To get me to "help" someone and focus on him (or her), drawing me off that which God would give me for the church.  

Dream:  I checked into a hotel and was taken to my room.  The room was not cleaned.  I went back downstairs to desk and told them room hadn't been cleaned.  I thought they would take care of it immediately.  They did not clean the room.

I have delivered many messages of correction thinking the individual would take care of the problem immediately.  The individual just said he was "sorry" and thanked me and when on in his uncleanness.  Often I brought multiply corrections to see the same result from such over and over.

This drains me and keeps me from what I should be hearing and delivering to the church.

Now I protect the ministry by avoiding those people who come for help but will not do message and will not keep themselves.

I don't try to explain the message.  Understanding is from God.  It is my job to speak the message.  Let them go to God to understand.



Vigilant:  Be on lookout for deception (things not substantiated by Bible) ... Avoid danger or unpleasant people unless God specifically shows me to go there  ... keep myself free to do the work of God.


====================

Meditation:  Pam Padgett

Psalm 52:7 Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness.

strength:
- quality or state of being strong
- capacity for exertion or endurance
- power to resist force or attack

Making God my strength ...
> believing the word of God, what Holy Spirit points out to me (instruction, promises, provision) ... spending time with that word, conforming my thinking and actions to His word
---- God will supply all my needs
---- Because God is my shepherd, He provides and cares for me so there is no want
---- Just as I can't add even a little to my height, which is least in the sight of God, can't provide for myself by my own wisdom ... turn to God, depend on God
---- God will never leave me nor forsake me (won't leave me alone without His guidance, help, provision ... now or in the future)

> turning to, and rely on God to help me in each matter I face (even small things), rather than depending on my own wisdom
----- teachings, whether to get another dog, if so how to find? which one?, wisdom in purchases, krell install, etc.

> turning to God with thoughts ... God's view, God's truth, God's power in the matter