Monday, September 23, 2013

Overcoming troubles through God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus said ... These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. Jn. 16:33

The computer gives trouble, the car gives trouble, the commode gives trouble, the ceiling fan stops working ... troubles ...

We call repair men.  Sometimes the problem is not solved.  We call another repair man.  We pay double.  And even then sometimes it is not solved.

God summed it up for me recently when I was having problems with one of my toilets not flushing when I pushed the handle.  I was sort of fussing at the commode and I clearly heard:  "Would you rather have an out house?"  (NO! I wouldn't rather have an out house.)

This morning I was thinking of the hardships people went through when they didn't have these things that break.


They had to go to well to bring in water.  We just turn on the faucet.  They had to use oil lamps and they had to purchase oil and carry oil home.  We just turn on a switch.  They could not communicate with the person in the next village without going there.  We can communicate instantly, for free, all over the world by the blog.  And in medical things we have pain medicine and anesthetics.  That alone makes me glad I live now and endure other problems.  It almost makes me giddy to realize how many advantages we have now.

And above all, we who belong to God know HE will help us when we don't know what to do when something breaks down or when something is installed and does not work properly!

This morning I was dealing with ceiling fan.  My ceiling fan quit working.  An electrician tried to repair it but couldn't.  There was a charge for the attempt and I paid for it was the right thing to do to pay this man for his labor.  Then I ordered a new fan. I paid for installation. But it made a noise which disturbed me when I tried to read Bible.  The electrician tried to fix the fan but it still makes the noise.  Obviously it cannot be fixed.  Yesterday I was thinking it would probably have to be replaced and I might wait til next year since cooler weather has come in and I might not need to use the fan much longer this year.  Then this morning, clear as a bell, I awoke knowing to call John where I bought the fan and see if the manufacturer would send another fan to trade out.  I would still have to pay installation but the fan might work.  I really think it is God leading this way so I called as soon as the store opened and the fan manufacturer is sending a replacement fan.  (Plan from God.)

Psa. 32:8 ...I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

So as long as we live on this earth we will have trouble but be of "good cheer" for Jesus has overcome and we overcome through the help HE gives us.  Jn. 16:33 ..These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
And if you are fretting over lost money, don't.  God will repay you.  Money is certainly not worth fretting over.

Recently, when the new sound processor was installed the video was below the level of the previous processor which broke.  There is a video processor I could add.  Should I do this?  I asked God.  And if so which processor should I buy? I asked God.  And who could I get to install it? I asked God.

Psalm 1 ... I didn't turn to humans and ask humans what they thought I should do ... I asked God what I should do.  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  

The morning after praying these things I was shown who to get to install the processor.  I made an appointment to have this done.  Then I set about to purchase the processor.  I was going to call the manufacturer and purchase it from him directly.  But I had my sound guy's name called to my attention.  I asked David if he could buy this for me.  He said he could and he told me which model number I need.  I ordered it immediately.  It came in this past week and was installed by the man called to my attention and it works great.

I knew this was the mercy of God to me.  For had I tried to use the other video processor I would have been troubled each time I turned on the TV and saw the picture.

God doesn't want us troubled over these secular things.

If only we would remember to turn to God in prayer.

And another problem is the toilet which keeps breaking.  Twice the plumber has been over here putting the same type part in the commode.  Over this I heard, "Get another plumber."