Monday, September 9, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney


Psalm 119:133 ... Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

Evil:  Gospel of love and forgiveness while omitting justice & judgment

They fail to do I Cor. 5 ... they omit I Cor. 5

Evil

Because iniquity shall abound the love of many will wax cold.  Mt. 24

Iniquity:  immoral behavior ... unfair behavior. 


==================

Meditation: Pam Padgett

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

(kept being reminded of this verse as dealt with decision to put my dog to sleep) 

fear:
unpleasant emotion caused by a belief that something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, threatening
anxiety (feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, especially about an imminent event)

power:
the ability to do something
qualities needed to deal with situations or events that are distressing or difficult

love:
affection, hold dear, benevolence (act of kindness, disposition to do good, generous gift)

sound mind:
mind that is in a good condition ... competent, reliable ...  not damaged, injured, or diseased

making the decision to put the dog to sleep brought fear ... especially fear of painful loss and of not being able to endure the loss.  But this fear is not of God.

God gives me power ... what I need to deal with difficult situations
-- being reminded of how helpless both the dog and I were when he slipped on the stairs (but God had mercy on me)
-- seeing how frequently he fell and being reminded of how hard upcoming cold weather and walking on snow would be for him
-- Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; ...
-- dream in which the dog walked off and I couldn't get him back

God gave me the ability to act in love, kindness  ... didn't want to make decision, but knew it was best for the dog (and me)

As I turned to God asking what to do, I was given a sound mind in the matter ... a mind in good condition .... God's wisdom in the matter, not my own will.  The decision is competent and reliable