Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Meditation examples:


Meditation:  Joan Boney

Even before getting out of bed, the following scripture was brought to my attention and I began meditating on it as follows.

Jn. 8:42 ... Jesus said ... I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

I proceeded forth and came from God ... So did I ... At God's timing, I was born again and given HIS Spirit.  August 5, 1975 ... from that moment on I "came from God" ... 


neither came I of myself ... I wasn't hunting God ... I didn't try to do anything and didn't want to be anything and certainly wasn't wanting to do anything in church, I didn't even attend a church group.  I was sitting in my bed reading a book when God spoke to me by HIS Spirit showing me my "mistakes" were really sins.  I was changed immediately.

HE sent me.
- voice in night gave me call letters to radio station ... KWJS ... within a week was on radio KWJS
- dream showed me Internet ... within 3 days we had the blog set up on Internet was I was writing messages

-  2 scriptures tell us to exhort one another (Heb. 3 & Heb. 10) ... and God spoke to me by His Spirit and said, "Exhort them by the scriptures" ... At that time we were printing scriptures sent in by body of Christ but no exhortation with those scriptures.  After hearing this, I changed the plan and printed one scripture each day and did exhortation on that scripture.


Usually I write meditations in my notebook and work through the specific scripture.  But the above scripture was given me before I got out of bed and I worked through it mentally.  The important thing is working through it.  Such things increase our faith in God ... and especially increase our faith in what God wants us to do ... and helps us to be strengthened so we won't stop doing the assignment.