Sunday, September 8, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney

Psa. 119:140 ... Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.  


I cherish THE WORD ... even to my own death ...

-  speaking Word even when I know the will hate me
-  "don't testify" example:  Clinging to Word even when it looked like it would destroy me to do so
-  respect for Word given me:  Separate from cousin because word showed me to do this
-  stop trying to teach those who don't understand ... understanding is from God ... focus on my role which is to put word I heard from God out there and let God explain it if HE wills ...
-  Letting God raise me up rather than man ... not taking a "shoelatchet from man let he say I made Abram rich" ... not taking $10,000 "free" legal service
-  If I don't speak the message I believe to be from God I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air

===========
Meditation: Pam Padgett  

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

never:
no time in the past or future
on no occasion
not at all

leave:
cause to be alone
cause to be without help or support
go away from
depart from permanently
abandon (give up completely, cease to support or look after, leave empty or uninhabited)

forsake:
abandon
renounce or give up
refuse

- not left alone when needed help with Joe ... led in what to do
- not left alone when bored with secretarial work ... led to programming
- not left alone when shunned at Metrochurch ... word from God delivered by Sheri telling me why this happened
- not left without help or support even when laid off job ... had everything I needed

throughout my life, at no time has God left me or refused me ... has always given me the help I needed, no matter what the need

God will not leave or forsake me in whatever I face in the future