Sunday, September 1, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

John 5:39-40 ... Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)

People in the Faith Movement are taught to find a scripture to stand on to get what they want in this present life.

The problem is this doesn't work unless the Spirit of God directs you to that scripture for it is the Spirit of God that knows the will of God in all things for the Spirit of God searches the heart of God to see what God is thinking in the matter at hand and the Spirit of God speaks only the will of God to us.

I Cor. 2 ... Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

I wanted to marry ... I searched the Bible and found scripture to stand on concerning marrying... One scripture I recall was:  Isaiah 34:16 ... Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

So every day I "claimed" this scripture.  I dated various men from church groups but each one was removed from me.  One even said to me, "Joan, don't stop praying about our marrying."  And he just disappeared.  I felt God was removing them one by one. 

My best friend at the time was praying for me to marry but she same to me and said as she was praying God said to her:  My grace will be sufficent for her.

I was dating a man named Bob.  One day as he was approaching the door of my business in Dallas, I heard:  "You can have all the money you want but you're not going to have this.I thought God was saying I wouldn't marry Bob.  Now I believe what God was saying is that I wouldn't marry anyone.  It wasn't the will of God for me.  So I could claim and stand on "none shall want her mate" for the rest of my life without results.

So instead of looking for a scripture to claim, I learned to pray, asking God for HIS will to be done in my life.

People in the Faith Movement are often trapped this way.  They end up wanting to be their own god by finding scripture and claiming that scripture to get what they want in this life.  When it doesn't work they think they just have weak faith.  The truth is it doesn't work for that is not the way of God.  The way of God is to go to HIM and follow that shown you by HIS Spirit.  There is a big difference between this way and the way of finding a scripture by your own mind to try to get what you want on this earth.

As Jesus said ...
John 5:39-40 ... Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.