Saturday, September 7, 2013

An apology

Joan Boney

Thursday night, the phone rang.  Caller ID said it was Grand Turk.  I have received calls before which I did not answer with that name.  This time I decided to answer to ask that my name be removed from their mailing list and that I be removed from their computer.

I was polite though firm.  A woman's voice was on end of line.  She seemed confused when I asked to be removed from their "company mailing list".

After the call, I realized this was not a call from a company.  It was likely from someone who reads the Internet writings.

Nevertheless, it is not a good idea for me to try to talk on the phone especially when it is a woman with foreign accent.  I apparently have a little hearing problem and the frequencies of women's voices are especially difficult for me to understand.  Often even with Pam Padgett (who has a soft voice) I have trouble hearing her.  And I really have trouble with accents.  It is my hearing that is the problem.

I once had my phone number on the Internet page but was having so much difficulty even with men's voices that I removed the listing.

I think it best anyway if you just talk with God.  If you have a question or need counseling, HE is the best source.

Isaiah 9 ... For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.