Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation ... Joan Boney

Joshua 1:8 ...This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Paul presented the "law" to the NT church in I Cor. 5 ...

I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?  13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

railer:  one who complains or protests strongly and persistently about something ... to bellow ... People love to rail out against various teaching that I do ... just put them away from you ... delete future email ... no phone calls ... no communication at all accepted from them when they disagree this way.  They should have prayed and then God would have shown them.  But they just strike out with their own opinion, can't wait to express what they think.  They show themselves to be railers.  Just put them away.

extortioner:  to wrest money away ... they distort the meaning or interpretation of scripture to suit their own purpose ... they imply if you fail to give God won't bless you ... They misuse 100-fold return scripture to get money ...  Put away from among yourself that wicked person ... Flee from him ... refuse to hear him preach.

==============

Meditation: Pam Padgett

Psalm 23:2 He (the Lord) maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

lie down ... rest from my own works, plans, ideas ... turn to God and rest in what HE gives me, following His word

God leads me to green pastures ... everything I need.  Don't need to scrounge around as in a dry pasture for what I need, for God provides for me

still waters - easy to drink from still waters ... easy yoke, not having to work out how to get what I need myself

rapidly flowing waters would be dangerous, but the "still waters", the way God leads me, is safe