Wednesday, September 11, 2013

God knows the end from the beginning

Pam Padgett ... teacher

When God called Moses, HE revealed to Moses what would happen and what HE (God) would do in delivering the children of Israel from the Egyptians, declaring the end from the beginning.  When God first spoke to Moses from the burning bush, God said HE would deliver the children of Israel from the Egyptians and bring them to a good and large land.  God also told Moses that HE would bring them out of Egypt by sending Moses to Pharaoh  ...

Exodus 3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God. 7 And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; 8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites. 9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them. 10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.

God revealed to Moses what would happen when he went to Pharaoh.  Even though instructed by God to go to Pharaoh, Pharaoh would not allow the children of Israel leave Egypt until God had stretched forth HIS hand and smitten Egypt with wonders.  After that God would give the children of Israel favor with the Egyptians, and they would go out with spoil of the Egyptians ...

Exodus 3:19 And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand. 20 And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go. 21 And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians: and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty: 22 But every woman shall borrow of her neighbour, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and ye shall put them upon your sons, and upon your daughters; and ye shall spoil the Egyptians.

As Moses went to Egypt to do as God had instructed, God told him to do all the wonders HE had given, but that HE (God) would harden Pharaoh's heart.  Moses was to warn Pharaoh that if he didn't let Israel go, God would slay Pharaoh firstborn, revealing more of what God would do ...

Exodus 4:21 And the Lord said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go. 22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn: 23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.

God told Moses that HE would harden Pharaoh's heart and multiply signs and wonders in Egypt that the children of Israel would be brought out by great judgments and that the Egyptians would know that God is the LORD ...

Exodus 7:3 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt. 4 But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments. 5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.

All of these things came to pass as God had said.  Moses and Aaron went before Pharaoh multiple times asking that the children of Israel be allowed to go sacrifice to God, great signs and wonders from God were seen and afflicted those of Egypt, Pharaoh's heart was hardened, the firstborn in Egypt were slain, and the children of Israel were brought out of Egypt taking with them spoils of the Egyptians  ... all as God brought about a great deliverance for the children of Israel.