Thursday, September 12, 2013

Meditation examples:

Meditation:  Joan Boney

One night, I was reading a secular mystery novel and in the novel a man said he was vigilant.  Twice he said this, that he was vigilant.

I was reminded of the scripture in I Peter 5 telling us to be vigilant.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9Whom resist stedfast in the faith


The following morning, I took this scripture and looked closely at these instruction and considered what God was saying to me.

Be sober ...serious ... acting or speaking sincerely and in earnest rather than in a joking or half hearted manner ... stay away of possible danger or risk (pray over each) ... don't take things in a superficial way (such as saying God will never let that happen to me ... instead pray) ... 

Sober:  regarding someone or something as important and worthy of attention

Sober: sensible ... chosen in accordance with wisdom or prudence ... likely to be of benefit ... use of common sense (God gives us a sound mind ... "faith" is not crazy action ... crazy acts are devils) ... 

Sober:  value of experience ... Experience has shown me futility in trying to help people by explaining to them.  God gives understanding.  If I speak and they can't understand they need to take it to God in prayer ... I can't make anyone understand.  All I can do is speak the message I hear from God.  They will have to get understanding from God, not from me

Experience:  God has never failed me ... God sees that I am supported financially ... God gives me wisdom to deal with people and problems ... Never fails ...

Sensible / sober ... mind free of distractions ... important for me to keep myself free from people who needlessly drain me.  I need to awake daily free from distractions so I can approach the Bible with a sound mind ...Sometimes must make very quick repairs to be free otherwise I am thinking of those needs for repairs ... 

Sensible/sober ... can't do ministry and strive with those who disagree with message I speak.  Must just put them away from me.  If they turn to God, HE will show them.  If they do not turn to God with their questions, they will continue in their own reasonings.  I must be free from them to speak the message and hear that message that is from God... keep yourself free from them

Sober/sensible ... sane and realistic attitude ... God gives me a "sound mind" ... Faith is not insane.  Faith does not cause me to do insane things.  Insane things are from devil.  Faith is based on the soundness of the word given me by God.  If it is insane, that spirit speaking is a devil.