Monday, September 2, 2013

Meditation example

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Luke 12:25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? 26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?

A cubit is the length of a forearm (about 18-22 inches).  Jesus said adding this to our height would be "least".   In the sight of God this is not a big thing.  Since I can't add even 1/2 inch to my height, how can I think I can provide for my needs ... food, clothing, shelter? 

To try to do this is a very heavy yoke and can't be done.  How do I know what I really need?  or how much is enough?  And there are many things I have no control over that affect what I need. 

But God knows what I need, how much, and has all power to provide what I need no matter the circumstances.  

I can't provide my needs, but God can and will.