Monday, September 23, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney

Jn. 14:6 ...Jesus (THE WORD) saith unto him, I am the way,  the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me (THE WORD).

The WORD is the way to go.

The WORD is truth.

The Word is life.

My ceiling fan stopped working.  I tried to get it fixed but electrician could not fix it.  I bought a new fan and had it installed.  The new fan made noise.  It is in room where I work and read Bible and I just couldn't focus with the noise.  Winter is coming so I knew I wouldn't need it much longer so I decided just to forget it and if I need it next year buy a new one then.  After making this decision, then next morning I awoke with a plan which I believe was from God.  Call John where I bought the fan and see if manufacturer would send another fan and return the one that makes noise.  I heard "the Word" on the subject and I did it and it worked.  They are sending a new fan.  I will have to pay for installation but this will cost less than my plan would have cost.

A plumber has come twice in past week to fix same problem on commode and it looks as if it is going to break again.  "Just call another plumber."  The parts this plumber uses are shoddy.

THE WORD from God can be a scripture, a dream, or a direct word such as above.  But when you hear THE WORD it is the way to go and it is truth and it is life.

Certainly THE WORD is Jesus ... but Jesus is also THE WORD ... and all is done by THE WORD.


====================
Meditation:  Pam Padgett

Exodus 16:16 This is the thing which the Lord hath commanded, Gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents. 17 And the children of Israel did so, and gathered, some more, some less. 18 And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating. ..... 29 See, for that the Lord hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.

God provided the food needed each day for all the children of Israel in the wilderness ... about 600,000 men beside women and children
When it was God's will for them to store up bread (on the sixth day), HE instructed them to do this. 
When God did not instruct storing up bread from one day to the other, the bread bred worms and it stank. 
Some kept trying to work ... trying to gather bread ... when God's instruction for them was to rest (on the seventh day). 

As with the children of Israel in the wilderness, we just need to obey God.  Today God leads us by HIS Spirit.  If follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, there will be sufficiency ... plenty ... no lack.  Trust God to provide what I need each day. 

Jesus taught us to pray ... give us this day our daily bread ... God provides the physical and spiritual food we need each day

Rest in what God has told me to do.  God is able to show me what, if anything, I need to do to prepare for the future.  I can safely trust God to provide for me today and in the future as I follow HIS word. 

Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.