Sunday, September 8, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

John 6:63 ... It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Exhortation:   (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


When there is a problem, sometimes we go round and round thinking of possible ways to go and we reason it to death with our mind and end up paralyzed.  Then God intervenes and gives us a simple solution to the matter. 

When I lived in Clovis, I had a very small kitchen.  If two people got into the work area at the same time we found we were running over each other.  I prayed:  What can be done?  I couldn't see any solution.

Then one day, I walked into the kitchen and immediately I knew what to do:  There was a walk in pantry in kitchen.  All I had to do was to put the pantry into the attached garage and move the refrigerator into the pantry.  This opened up the work space.  I knew it was God who opened my eyes to see.

The flesh, our reasoning with our mind, profits nothing.  Our running about trying to see what to do profits nothing.  We can talk with people and get their ideas and profit nothing.

But when God gives us an idea on the matter, it is "life" to us.

John Rodgers, a member of the body of Christ, is in his 70's.  He was considering building another storage building to store his stuff.  As he considered this, John heard:  "Why don't you just get rid of the stuff?"

When my mother was still living, we went daily to get take out food.  It always cost $5.30.  As my mother sat in the car, I would get the money ... $5 bill and a quarter and a nickle out of my purse and leave my purse in car with my mother and go in and get the food.  One day, I looked in purse and didn't find a quarter and nickle ... as I thought abut the problem, I heard:  "Three dimes will work."  That's right!  I had several dimes in purse.

Recently I was driving and almost hit a car.  It would have been my fault.  I was really shaken up by this near accident.  I was crying out to God:  "What is going to happen to me?  Am I going to have to quit driving?  Please don't let me have accident."  (I am 75 years old)  I knew it was possible that the time would come I would not be able to pass the eyes exam to get new drivers license.  In Texas they make you come in and take eye exam yearly after certain age before they will renew license.  What if I can't pass eye exam? ... As I talked to God about all these fearful thoughts and pleaded for information, I was reminded of 3 people at bridge center  (they are no longer living) ... Frances, Elwanda, Larry ... Frances & Elwanda couldn't see much at all.  Up to the end of their lives they drove themselves daily to the bridge center.  They never had accident.  They couldn't have passed drivers test.  They drove without drivers license.  Larry was mid-90's when he died.  He drove himself to bridge center in a 70's type Cadallac ... very big car ... When he got ready to leave after bridge, he usually took food home with him.  He sat the box of food from bridge center on top of car when he got in and forgot the food and left it on top of car.  He reved motor of car and took off and gravel went everywhere.  Without stopping he pulled onto the adjacent city street where there was moderate traffic.  He never had accident.  I felt God was showing me I was going to be okay to drive.

Certainly the word of God comes through scripture ... but often the word of God on the matter comes without scripture.  Both are the word of God when they come by the Holy Spirit.

The flesh, our reasonings, might not work ... but the Word when it is from God will always work.  The gates of hell will not be able to stand against that Word that is given us by the Spirit of God concerning the matter at hand.