Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Building faith in God ... Keeping faith in God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

We have to work at faith ... It is a labor which requires daily work ...

Faith is hearing from God what to do, confirming that word to be from the Spirit of God and not from another spirit, and then after confirmation holding fast to that word.

We labor to enter into HIS rest on the various issues of this present life.  It is a labor to enter in.  When we enter in to what God has said we "cease from our own works", ceasing from our own plans and doing what HE instructs.

A recent example:  I turned to God in prayer asking HIM certain questions:  Do I need to purchase a video processor?  If so, how do I get it installed?  And which model do I need if I need such?  I felt God gave me specific answers to each of these questions.  Then the real battle began.  Multiple people in the video business said I did not need a video processor today to get what I wanted in video.  Did I hear from God?  That which I believed to be from God was opposite to the video people who spoke.  Which did I believe.  I kept evaluating whether or not I had heard from God or from another spirit.  I was persuaded I had heard from God.  So I set up the installation with the person I'd heard to set it up with.  I ordered the processor and was advised by my sound guy, David, as to the model.

It doesn't seem the above would be such a big battle but it was.  I even had to write out every step and cling to each step that I believed I'd heard.  I purposed to go forward without wavering.

The processor is now installed and it did get the picture I wanted.  I don't believe I would have been able to get that picture any other way.  And had I tried to use what I had, I would have been troubled a little each time I turned on the TV.

I believe all this is the mercy of God who didn't want me troubled even in this little thing.  So HE showed me the way to go to resolve the issue so it wouldn't trouble me.

Faith is a battle!