Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Controlling the flesh through prayer

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When we go through trouble areas, if we can remember in the midst of the trouble to turn to God in prayer, asking HIM to help us to get through the time without sinning, I have found HE does.

Recently my sound guy sent his worker to install my sound processor.  David, sound guy, has ALS and is unable to travel.  David could easily make the installation if he could be here, but he can't.  He sends his worker which is the best David can do.  But I never feel confident when the worker comes and it is very hard for me to go through this.  (They live about 450 miles away so this also makes it difficult if something goes wrong.)

I was very upset during this last installation.  I just started silently praying.  God got me through the issue and I don't think I sinned.  But I know I was about to deal in the flesh before I prayed and that would have led to sin.

Everything turned after I turned to God.

Another example:  About two weeks ago, I had trouble with my commode.  Plumber came and replaced a part and fixed the problem.  Two nights ago, the same problem happened again.  At first I was frustrated and negative but then I caught myself and I prayed:  "God please don't let me go crazy in this."  I straightened up immediately.  These things will happen when we live on this earth.  We should turn to God instead of being pulled down in the flesh.  And God controlled me when I called the plumber.  I simply told him the problem and asked him if he could come over and fix it.  He was at my house within a few minutes and replaced the handle again.  I asked what I owed him and he just waved it off with his hand and said:  "These things they make today are crap."  I told him that is what I find about most things.

But we do not have to be overcome when these things happen.  We can overcome through God if we remember to turn to God with the problem.