Monday, July 28, 2014

Their blood on our hands

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When Juliett sent us her email and dreams (see writing: Woman going wrong way ... 7-23-14), I just wanted to walk away ... and I did start walking away toward my bedroom ... and got in bed ... wanting to ignore her ... but then I thought if I ignore this and she sells her house and gets into real trouble her blood will be on my hands.  So I returned to the computer and started warning her.

In OT there is a lot about their blood being on our hands if we fail to warn them. (Eze. 3)

But is that the case in NT?  

I didn't know until I was reading in Acts and came upon the following spoken by Paul ... Acts 20 ... Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. 27For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

I think by what Paul says here that their blood will be on our hands if we fail to speak when we have the counsel of God on the matter at hand and something bad happens to them.
Ezekiel 3 ... (God speaking to Ezekiel the prophet) Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. 18When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 19Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. 20Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.  21Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.  

When God was training me for the work of the ministry, this scripture was used to instruct me.  None of us want to speak.  But it is our role to speak and warn them especially when we are prophets.  All these past years, I have warned the individuals over and over when I have had the counsel of God, the Word of God, on the matter.  I wouldn't want something to happen to them when I could have warned them.  So I warned them.  Like Paul, I think I can say I have given you all the counsel that I have had from God.

The work of prophet is very difficult for we often have "impressions" which are from God and those "impressions" are the counsel of God.  It takes a lot of courage to warn people.  But if we keep that impression to ourselves and they suffer I believe their blood is on our hands.  I'd rather not take that chance, so I warn them.

In Acts 20, Paul shows that he felt a responsibility also for their blood, so he did not hold back from warning them.