Sunday, July 6, 2014

You've found your calling

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently the director of the bridge center where I once played called me.  She called to tell me of one of my former partners died.  Then she asked me, "How are you doing?"  I told her since leaving the bridge center, God had given me a dream showing me to go in internet and do exhortations for the church and I've been doing that for about 2 1/2 years and I love doing it.  She said, "Looks like you've found your calling."  I didn't reply.

Back in the 80's, God spoke a word to me in a dream and showed me to go on radio.  At that time, Vinita Copeland said to me, "Looks like radio is your calling."

My calling is apostle/prophet.  The radio and the Internet were simply sources allowing me to work in that calling.  The radio and Internet were not the calling.

After Jesus arose, he gave gifts to the church ... Eph. 4 ... 8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
... 11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:


Apostles have a strong anointing in working with scripture ... trying to uproot doctrines set up by men in the church and establish doctrines of God.

Paul was not the last apostle.  Paul was the first of those NT apostles given to the church after Jesus arose.  Paul was persecuting the church when Jesus revealed HIMSELF to Paul on the road to Damascus and set Paul in the ministry as apostle/teacher.

Paul knew terrible things would happen in the churches concerning doctrine after he left the earth.  Paul said:  22And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: 23Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.  24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. 
25And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. 
26Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. 27For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. 
28Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. 29For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 31Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.  Acts 20


Paul kept order in the churches while he was on earth but he knew perverse doctrines would enter into the churches after his departure from the earth.

Apostles deal with doctrines uprooting false doctrines and establishing doctrines set by God.

God uses prophets as described in Hosea 12:13 ... And by a prophet the LORD brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was he preserved.   Often a prophet will be given a word and by that word a person will be freed or warned.