Monday, July 28, 2014

Psalm 18:30 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 18:30 ... As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A few days ago, I gave you example of a woman from our church group who had 2 dreams and she thought she was supposed to sell her house ...  she didn't know where she would go and she is 74 years old.

I knew this was potential disaster for her.  I presented strong warning.  

What I really wanted to tell her is don't write to me, it disturbs me.  But I knew this was just my own feeling and I didn't want to shut the door unless it was God telling me to do this.  So I bit my tongue and turned to God in prayer, asking Him not to let me speak my own words and asking HIM to have me speak to her what HE would say.

After turning to God, I saw to tell her two things:  She has a keyboard.  Just play and sing hymns.  Devils will be driven away from her and she will become calm again.

Second:  It was not God telling her to sell her house.  She was basing her action on her own interpretation of what those dreams meant.  Often interpretations are wrong.  What she needed to evaluate is can she afford living in this house?  (I think she can)  And she needs to focus on today, can she pay for food and necessary expenses.  If so, do nothing.  Cut back in expenses also and live below her means.  Then money accumulates so when someone has a need you will be able to help.

I was amazed at how easy these two instructions were.

One way we determine if the idea is from God is by asking:  "Is that idea easy to be entreated."  (James 3:17)  For the wisdom that is from God would be pure, peaceable, gentle, easy to be entreated ...

I don't believe it would be easy to sell your house and not have any place to go at the age of 74.

Also I think some of her plan was based on fears of what might happen tomorrow ... her age, her physical needs, her work (she is realtor) and financial changes that seem to be happening ...

But when the word (counsel) is really from God, the plan is secure.

Mt. 6 ...  34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

When we begin thinking of "tomorrow" we can really get troubled.  If we focus on today we will usually see that we have food and raiment and like sheep we just peacefully keep eating in the pasture where God has placed us.

I Tim. 6 ... But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Common sense tells us we cannot live beyond our means.  So if at the end of the month you are in a deficit, you should cut back on expenses.

It is also a good idea to use restraint for it can help you in good discipline.  Spending more money than you make is a very bad way of life.  It is never faith to go into debt.  It is lack of control and foolishness as a way of life.  This needs to be turned around if that is your way of life.

I suggest you read the following writing:   Woman going the wrong way  (7-23-14)