Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Titus 3:8 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Titus 3:8 ... This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


"They which have believed in God" ... be careful to maintain good works ...

Those things spoken to us by the Spirit of God will be good works ... Those things authored by our own flesh profit nothing.  Do those things authored by God's Spirit and keep doing them.

Recently a religious worldly woman was telling me of all the good works an organization is doing.  This woman is not born again.  As she spoke of these "good" works, I thought of Eve thinking it would be good to eat of the fruit that would make her wise so she could be as God, knowing good from evil.  So she ate of it and gave it to Adam to eat.  Gen. 3

As this woman kept taking of the "good" which I knew was only fleshly, I began praying:  "God help me ... God help me."  And God did help me.  HE controlled my tongue and I said nothing.

A woman from the bridge center died last week.  The director of bridge center called me the morning Johnnie died to tell me she died.  Betty kept saying how good Johnnie was.  And Betty told me of how she called Johnnie before she died and told her of the good things she had done.

Another woman offered to bring Johnnie's obituary to me.  I said, "I'm not really interested in that."  I declined.  But this woman went on to tell me some things in Johnnie's obituary and this woman also began speaking of the good Johnnie did.

I said nothing ... but in both conversations I thought, "I wonder what God has to say about Johnnie."

Man judges of his own thinking, by the outward appearance which is often very different from what God sees in a person.

All that matters is what God says about us.  Sometimes God will show us HIS view of us.  I've had two dreams (one recent) to show me God's view of myself.  That is what really matters.  That is what interests me about myself and others.  What does God have to say about us?