Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When the devil tempted Jesus, Jesus replied:  Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.   Mt. 4:4


Concerning the Bible, Paul says:  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. II Tim. 3

God often delivers a word "by inspiration of God", directly to us in the form of a thought.  When this happens it is the same thing Paul had when God inspired him as he wrote to the various churches.  Both are "inspired by God" and therefore are the Word of God.

Bible reading is very important.  Some people read their newspaper daily.  I read the Bible daily.  For I know it is inspired by God.  (Newspapers tickle the flesh and often stir up the flesh needlessly and often cause worry and concern needlessly ... Certainly we are free to read newspapers or see TV news but I usually choose not to do so for I find myself provoked in ways that are not profitable and are needless.)

God also speaks to us in the form of thoughts by the Holy Spirit of God.  It too is the Word of God as scripture is the Word of God.  Everything that comes from God is the Word of God and is important to those who belong to God.

But there is a difference between scripture and a scripture that is brought to mind by the Spirit of God.  There is also a difference between a scripture that burns through us as we read the Bible and other scriptures.  We will find sometimes we read Bible and get "hung up" on a verse and can't seem to read past that verse.  When that happens, God has a special message for us at that exact moment through that verse so we need to stop and focus on that verse for it is different from all other verses since it is the Holy Spirit trying by that verse to deliver a message to us from God for that point in time.

(God also delivers messages through dreams as we see throughout both the OT and NT.  Mt. 2 for example.  Also Acts 16 ... 9And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him,  saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. 10And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them. )

There were some who searched the scriptures but refused to come to Jesus.  Jn. 5:39, Jesus says (you) Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

There is a woman minister who often says, "I have a scripture for you ..."  and people would feel very special and turn to her in expectation.  I shared with this woman a word that I had heard from God and she said to me, "And what scripture did God give you over that word?"  She failed to understand the word was the message and was from God just as the scriptures are from God.  There is no difference.  Both are the word from God to us when that word is from God. (The scripture is not a higher form than an impression when that impression is from God.  The entire Bible was "an impression", inspired by God.)

Some people worship the Bible.  Some people say they believe Jesus is Lord but pay very little attention to the Bible.  In both cases there is error.

I read the Bible daily, almost without exception.  It is so profitable. (I know it is inspired by God and is true.) And often as I read Bible, the Holy Spirit will focus my attention on something and begin to teach me taking me from scripture to scripture and will remind me of things God has spoken directly to me through impressions and through dreams. 

I do consider the Word to be God when I am persuaded it is from God for the Word from God rules over me in the matters at hand by the Spirit of God.

Now I am very sensitive to the Word of God and desire to know what God thinks about issues pertaining to my life.  I want to go in the way of God in these issues.  But before I was born again, I never considered what God might want.  Before I was born again, I did not read Bible.  After I was born again, I read Bible constantly and learned also that God speaks to me by HIS Spirit  ... and God speaks to me by dreams ... and the angel of the Lord delivers messages to me occasionally in the night as I sleep.  I've had that happen through dreams and through words without images.

It is not important usually how God delivers the Word.  What is important is that we know it is the Word from God and that we deal with that Word in a proper way.

We live by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.   Mt. 4:4  ... by scripture, by impressions, by dreams ... by every word that comes from God.  The Word is the key, not how it comes.

If you don't know how to try the spirits that bring impressions, you need to know this.   Please read:  How to try the Spirits to see if they are from God.    A spirit can bring a scripture and lead us the wrong way though that scripture as we see the devil trying to lead Jesus the wrong way through speaking scripture to Jesus.  So it is important to try the spirits to see if they are speaking by God when they bring scripture or thoughts.