Saturday, July 5, 2014

Going into the ministry

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In approximately 1978, I became persuaded that I was to go into the ministry full time.  I sold all the merchandise from my business and closed the business.  I had the money from the merchandise to live on until other things might develop.  I had no idea at all what I was to do in ministry.  I didn't work for a church group.  I was not supported by a church group.  I had no income after the business closed on July 31 of that year.

I just stayed home, read Bible, did what I saw to do.

I had no set work in ministry from July 31 through Jan. 10 of the following year.  I didn't try to get a job in a church group.  I just read Bible and waited.  I lived off the money from the shop merchandise through that period.

On Jan 10 of the following year, I was asleep and what I believe was an angel spoke three words to me:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS".  I didn't know what KWJS was but I assumed it had to be radio or TV station.  I found it to be radio.  I said to God, "Are you telling me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that."  Immediately I had a very gentle thought which I believed to be the Holy Spirit saying:  "Just call the radio station manager."  I found the phone number for radio station KWJS and called the manager and told him I thought God might be showing me to go on radio and I asked him how to do that.  The manger told me to make and audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to him and if I fit their format he would offer me a contract.  I asked him how much it cost.  He said $800 a month / for 5 days a week of 30 minute broadcasts.

I had a tape recorder so I sat down that same day and recorded 29 1/2 minutes.

Within one week I was broadcasting on radio.

In 30 years, I have never had a steady salary.  I have never worked at an individual church.  Since 1984, I have not asked for offerings.  Yet all my needs have been met by God through 9 or 10 people who give offerings to this ministry.

There was one point when a college in Dallas, Christ for the Nations, offered me a job as dean of women.  But I didn't feel right about that so I turned it down.

It is clear to me that I had to stay free from the control of religious groups in order to speak the messages I believed to be from God.  Certainly some of the messages would offend church groups.  I even remember the Holy Spirit telling me along the way: "Stay free to serve God"

In 1981 while on radio in Seattle, God was giving me judgment messages to speak concerning corruption in the ministry.  I was having a meeting in Seattle for the radio audience.  The manager of the radio station was outside the meeting room waiting for me.  George said:  "Joan ... if you keep speaking these judgment messages, I don't know what is going to happen to you.  We may have to put you off the air.  You have many good messages.  Just speak them."

I replied (yet not I but the Holy Spirit in me replied) ... "George ... if I don't speak the message I believe to be from God I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air."  

What I spoke to George that day defined the next 30 years of speaking ... "Speak the message you believe to be from God."