Thursday, July 10, 2014

How does the Holy Spirit speak to us?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus told us the Holy Spirit would teach us and guide us and show us things to come ...

How does the Holy Spirit speak to us?

The primary way the Holy Spirit speaks to us is by bringing to our memory a concept, a dream, a scripture ...

Jn. 14:26 ... But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

It is important to learn to be sensitive to those thoughts brought to your mind.  Of course this is also the way the devil speaks to us, by thoughts.  Can we discern the voice of the Holy Spirit vs. the voice of devils?  Usually I can.  But if we are in doubt, we can try that spirit to see if it is from God.

Please read:  How to try the spirits to see if they are from God

When I sit down each morning as I begin my day and talk to God, one thing I frequently ask God is:  "Is there anything You want me to write?"  And often when I ask this of God, I will be reminded of something.  Because I know this is the way God works through the Holy Spirit I have faith to believe that is what God wants me to write to you.  So I write that.

When I had public meetings for the radio audience or when I spoke in a church group, I didn't plan ahead what I would say.  I just trusted God to remind me when I got in front of the people, showing what HE wanted me to say by bringing such to my mind.  Sometimes I would be reminded of a scripture and I would speak of that.  Other times I would be reminded of a dream and I would share that.  Other time I would just have an example of something brought to my mind and I would share that.  I depended upon God to bring to mind that which I should speak.  This is what Jesus said HE would do by HIS Spirit.  Jn. 14:26