Thursday, July 17, 2014

Answer to prayer

Pam Padgett ... teacher

The prison system in the state where I live has a program in which dogs from various shelters are trained by, and live with, inmates.  When the training is completed, the dogs are available to the general public for adoption.  There is a website showing pictures and telling about the dogs in this program. 

A few weeks ago a young dog on this website caught my attention.  It was about the size of a dog I prefer, and the description of this dog's temperament sounded like it would get along well with my young dog.  I contacted this program and was told I could meet this dog in three weeks.  I could then decide if I wanted to adopt it.  When I told Joan about this, she was a little concerned about some aspects of the program. 

I turned to God asking for confirmation about whether or not to move forward with meeting, and possibly adopting, this dog.  For a couple weeks I don't think I heard or was shown anything.  But then I realized one day when cleaning the house how much I enjoyed not having dog hair in the house.  The dog I now have does not shed like dogs I've had in the past.  And I found myself moaning a little to think how this would surely change if I got the dog from the prison program. 

This seems like such a little thing, but I believe God used this to show me that getting the dog from the prison program, which would shed, was not the right way for me to go. God knew how to "reach me" in a way I could understand.