Sunday, July 6, 2014

Keeping your heart with all diligence

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I had an eye doctor appointment and while waiting I was reading Bible in Matthew.  The following stood out to me:

Mt. 15 ... Jesus said ... 11Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
... 17Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? 18But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.



Later that afternoon I went to get an inspection sticker for my car.  I have a 20 year old car.  The electric seats which go forward and back don't always work so I keep plastic tape over the controls so no one will try to move the seat.  It is set for my height.

After the car was finished and I drove away I was struggling to drive the car.  I realized the man who did the inspection had moved the seat back when he drove the car around the block.  Even with that tape showing not to use that control he used that control.

I tried to reset the control but couldn't.  I didn't know what to do.  I was upset that this man moved the seat.

After prayer, I felt God was showing me to go back to the garage and tell them the problem.  This is what I did.  I was still upset that this man moved the seat.  I didn't show my upset to them.  I did tell them what happened.  The owner of the garage reset the seat by taking a panel up from the side of the door.  Then the owner said, "He (the worker) is so big he had to move the seat."  (I know this was not true so I burned inside my heart.)  And then later I had the thought that this man who moved the seat could have moved the seat back after he finished but he didn't.  (I find most people just care for themselves and their own convenience, ignoring that which it might do to another person.)  All this is hard for me to handle.

Later I was talking with Pam by phone.  I didn't want to tell her this story because I felt I might have bitterness in my heart.  I prayed for God to control my speech and HE did.  I didn't tell this story.

I wanted to get some distance between the event and my telling it for when something is fresh we often need time to be restored in our heart.  If we tell something when we are still burning, it might do harm.

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
... 17Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? 18But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.  Mt. 15


So I went home and ate some ice cream ... that won't defile me ... and God controlled my mouth after I prayed so no one was defiled by what had been done to me that day.