Tuesday, July 15, 2014

How the Holy Spirit helps us

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus called the Holy Spirit "The Comforter", "The Spirit of truth."

How does the Holy Spirit comfort us ... How does the Holy Spirit bring us truth.

He reminds us of that which is truth ... He reminds us of that which God has said to us ...

He reminds us ... He brings to our minds truth and things that comfort us.

I moved to Clovis, NM (USA) in 1985 after my father died.  I went there to help my mother.  She stayed in the same house with me from 1990 until a month before her death in 2002.

The last month of her life, I put her into an old folks home to be cared for.  Why did I do this?  For years I would think about doing this and grieve.  How could I have kept her in the house with me for years, through 2 different hip breaks, and all of a sudden put her into an old forks home to die the last month of her life?  I just didn't understand how I could have done that.

Then I was reminded of something.  (This is how the Holy Spirit communicates with us ... HE reminds us of things to show truth and to comfort us.)

After the 2nd hip break, my mother was in much worse condition.  I brought her home.  But this time she was immobile.  She would fall in the floor and I couldn't get her up.  I had no other person to help me.  So I would call 911 for help and they would send fire department and they would get her off floor and back into bed.  One day I had to call 911 twice.  The second time fire department came out I remember being told they could not keep doing this.  I would have to put her into a home or get live in help.  And I realized that is reason I put her into a home.  And I was comforted when I realized this.

Jn. 14:26 ... But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.