Wednesday, July 30, 2014

We can think of tomorrrow or we can determine to trust in God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When we allow ourselves to think of tomorrow (the unknown but possible) we enter into many fears and the more we think on tomorrow the more we disturb ourselves.

If we stop and focus on today, everything changes immediately.

Do we have food today?  Do we have clothing today?  I suspect more of us (if not all) will say yes.  Calm overtakes us when we think of today.

When we drift back to thinking of what will happen to us tomorrow, fears return and often run rampant.

Therefore we are instructed to take no thought for tomorrow ... (If you will examine your concerns, don't they have to do with what might happen tomorrow?)

So we have a choice.  We can focus on our concerns and try to figure out what to do ... or we can made a deliberate choice to put our trust in God.  We can't do both.  It is one or the other.  When we try to figure out what to do for tomorrow, we are trusting in ourselves.  When we determine to trust in God and focus on today, we put our trust in God.

Jesus says ... Mt. 6 ... 19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. 22The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. 23But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! 24No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
 

25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. 

Recently I had very severe leg pain.  It was so bad I could hardly walk and had to use a cane to walk.   Terrifying thoughts came:  What will happen to my cat if I have to go to hospital.  Who will care for cat?  

Then I recalled how I got cat in first place.  My previous cat had to be put to sleep.  I didn't plan to get another cat because I am so old (about 74 at time Samantha died.)  The night she died, I cried out to God:  "I need help".  I heard, "Go on internet and buy a Siamese cat."  I found a breeder that I liked and called her and she told me she could have a kitten to me that next Wednesday.  I was so happy.  All grief over Samantha ended immediately and there was no more grief at all.

I believe it was God leading me to get this cat.  That really helps me to believe God will provide someway for the care of this cat even if I can't do it.  And after realizing this, I remembered that I met a woman recently who is a cat sitter, coming to homes to care for cats when people are not able to do so.  I have her card in my card file.  This helped.

Of course, I may not have to go to hospital over leg.  It is better now, 4 days later.