Thursday, July 10, 2014

1 Timothy 4:13 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

1 Timothy 4:13 ... Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Recently a woman called me and was speaking about what a pretty day it was that day.  I replied:  "Oh it was ... I didn't go outside today."

This is a woman who considers herself wise and likes to examine others to see if they are doing wrong.  She replied, "What did you do today ..."

I replied:  "The same thing I do every day.  I start the day reading Bible and exhort the church in things of God by writing on Internet."

She said no more.

Concerning reading, exhortation, and doctrine ... I have been rereading Mt., Mark, Lk., John ... and am now in the middle of John.  While reading in John, I was reminded of the exhortation giving by the apostle James as follows:  James 1:26 ... If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain.  So I sat for while and thought on this scripture and was reminded of some examples and then I got up and wrote what the Holy Spirit brought to my mind.  (Printed today)

Paul said:  Give attendance to reading ...  

To help myself to do this, I use those Bible chapters we list daily at the end of each writing.  I choose 2 or 3 of those listed Bible chapters and read them.  As I read something usually gets my attention and when this happens I stop and think on that verse and that concept.

We don't always want to read Bible but I find when I discipline myself and read Bible I'm usually glad I did.

Certainly if the Holy Spirit reminds us of a scripture, we need to turn to that scripture and reread it and think about the way it applies to our own life.  Often we can correct our thinking from the way of this world by that scripture and choose a correct way to think.

Romans 12 ... I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.