Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Psalm 34:7 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 34:7 ... The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Do I fear God?  Do I care about what God thinks about that which I am doing and am about to do?  Do I care about God enough to give up my own way?  If so, the angel of the Lord encamps around me (and you).

It helps so much when I am judging what I do and find I was led by Holy Spirit ... The fountain in my back yard is black but it showed signs of white chipping around the lip of each of the 3 areas.  I have black paint in spray can and that works very well in touch up.  I wanted to put that on the chipped parts of the fountain but as I considered doing this, I couldn't see how I could apply the paint without getting paint into the bowl areas where there is water.  Then an idea came to me ... take a piece of cardboard and put the cardboard over the bowl and that would allow me to spray the lip of the bowl without getting paint into the water area.  This seemed to me to be a very simple, workable plan.  I did this and it took about 5-10 minutes to paint the chipped areas.  I was so glad I was able to do this.

A few days after this, a woman wanted me to go eat with her.  But I was having severe leg pain so I declined.  This woman is very self righteous, thinking herself to be right and disdaining what others do. (She is not born again.)  When I declined, she really struck out at me saying because I painted the fountain, I brought the leg pain on myself.

At first, I didn't know ... then I recalled how I was shown to put that cardboard over the water areas and how that made it possible for me to do this project.  This really does seem like the Holy Spirit showing me how to do something.  I believe it was.  This was very helpful to me in allowing me to judge correctly.

Always the key is: What has God shown me ...  People will often condemn us with what they think.  But we can get things in proper order if we consider what God showed us.  This allows us to live in God's truth which is an important part of the whole armor of God.

Eph. 6 ... 10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.    
13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.