Monday, July 7, 2014

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In Mt. 6 Jesus warns us concerning taking thought for tomorrow ... and HE says, "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."  (Mt. 6:34)

There are enough problems today to deal with without taking thought for tomorrow's problems ... also we don't know what might be on the "morrow".  Often there are surprise problems ...

So we are encouraged to deal with the problems we see today ... don't put them off ... and don't try to plan for tomorrow ...

I certainly find new problems almost daily, things I never expected, that I have to deal with.

For example:

- The yard man quit coming to mow the lawn
- The wind is hitting a part of my roof and making noise with the metal trim

(that's today so far)

Yesterday I was getting inspection sticker for my 20 year old car and the man doing the inspection move the car seat back and it wouldn't come forward and it was too far back for me to drive the car comfortably.

The eye doctors office got my medical records wrong and I couldn't make the young worker understand it was a clerical mistake and finally I just gave up and let them remain wrong.

It seems there is something to deal with almost daily that I didn't expect.

Dealing with people can be very trying.  There is so much evil in the hearts of man.

Paul warned us that it would be this way:

II Tim. 3 ... This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,  4Traitors, heady, highminded,

It is amazing how often I run into these things with people at bank, grocery, yard workers ... I rarely encounter a person who shows a good heart toward me and toward God.

So endurance can become a problem.  Only by prayer am I able to deal with today.  Certainly I don't need to think of tomorrow.

When I encountered a problem with the people at the garage recently, I began thinking of where I can go next year when I need to get car inspected.  I didn't want to return to this garage.  And I realized:  "You might not be here next year."  So why take thought now for next year?  Just deal with it next year if you are here.