Friday, July 18, 2014

Psalm 62:1-2 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 62:1-2 ... Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


When we turn to God in prayer and wait for HIM to establish us in the various issues pertaining to this present life we have a rock and defence which keeps us from being moved.

There was a point several months ago that a doctor frightened me concerning my vision.  I realized I was bouncing all around mentally.  Finally I got stopped and became still and began to seriously pray.  And God gave me a concept which showed me I would not lose my eye sight.  I believed what I was shown and rejoiced in it.  Later someone said, "What if you couldn't see?"  I replied, "It would be hard."  But her words did not disturb me as you would expect to be disturbed.  When I turned to God and asked HIM why her words didn't disturb me, I realized it was because the matter had already been settled in prayer and I had been established by God in the subject.

Recently I was having some physical problems and the thought came that I would need to sell this house and move to assisted living.  I didn't believe that was the voice of God for I believe God has already shown me there will be no need for me to hunt an assisted living facility, that I will not need it.  Again this is being established by God.

When we are established by God, by what God has to say, the gates of hell will not prevail against that word although certainly hell will try to prevail and will try to get us to think an opposite direction.

When Pam Padgett worked for Fed Ex she would fly from time to time on the freight planes.  She said there is a computer program in the cockpit which warns the pilot if the plane is too close to crashing.  It will say:  "Pull up ... Pull up ... Pull up"  When destructive thoughts are after us, we need such warning also.  Pull up.  Focus on that which God has shown you.  It is truth.