Friday, June 14, 2013

People who cause you grief

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I was reading in Psalm 10 and noticed the following:

For the wicked boasteth of his heart’s desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.   4The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.  5His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight:

I thought about people who "grieve" me when they call or write to me. 

Usually such are talking about how bad things are in their lives ... or they boast about how great they are, how wise they are ... or they boast in other people.

Each bring such grief to me because when they speak I can tell they do not turn to God with their problems ... they do not hear from God ... they do not trust in God ... they trust in the wisdom of man.

Grievous means ... to burden or to entangle

This is exactly what happens.  They burden you with their many fears and their many sorrows  and their needs ... and you end up being entangled.  All you can do is think of them.

They are living in darkness.  When you turn on light they will flee from you

Recently my cousin called.  She is a very fearful person.  She speaks of all manner of worldly things though she has attended Church of Christ all her life and she is now 90 years old.  She casts her burdens on the people to whom she speaks.  

I felt overwhelmed after speaking to her.  I felt so sorry for her.  But I also realized that her problem is she doesn't turn to God and settle her problems with God in personal prayer.  So she just talks about her problems to flesh and blood humans.

I wrote to her and encouraged her to take all her troubles to God in prayer and lay them out before HIM and she would be able to live in peace.

I sent her a portion of the writings on Dealing with Destructive Thoughts

I also sent her the writing on What happens when we die

I never heard from her after I sent these. 

Turn on your light switch.  What happens to the darkness in the room?

So it is with us.  When people continually grieve us, usually if we turn on the light by speaking truth to help them, they will no longer come around us.  So we will no longer be grieved by them.

Occasionally  I will come across a person who does a fake type of repentance but there is no real change.  That person is trying to cling to me.  There are other ways God has broken such off me. 

I can't live in peace and carry another person's burdens.  I can show that person how to turn to God and how to trust in God.  But I can't do it for them.  Showing them is all I can do and that usually frees me.

More from Psalm 10 concerning people who grieve you:

His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.

Cursing is not necessarily using curse words.  Cursing can be bringing a curse upon you in the sense of troubling you.

But all this is because this person does not turn to God and follow God.  He is darkness though he often thinks he is light.

Most church groups do not teach you how to overcome.

And even in our own church group where I teach continually how to overcome, some do not overcome because the only way to overcome is for them to diligently turn to God in prayer and to do what God says.

Pam Padgett wrote something printed on June 12, 2013 ... "Helped with medical concerns"

This is a very fine example of turning to God with a problem and settling the issue with God and acting wisely through God and resting in that which God gives you.