Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Jesus led by the Spirit

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Here are three interesting examples of the working of the Spirit in Jesus.

First, the Spirit comes upon Jesus.

Lk. 3 ... Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, 22And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.


The "Spirit" came upon Jesus and remained on Jesus.

Jn. 1 ... And John bare record, saying,  I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 34And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

After this, the "Spirit" took Jesus into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

Lk. 4:1 ... And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

After the temptations of the devil, we read ...

Lk. 4:14 ... And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee:


Later Jesus said ... Jn. 6:63 ... It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jn. 5:30 ... I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

After the crucifixion and resurrection, before Jesus was taken into heaven, he said the following to his disciples ... Acts 1 ... And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.  5For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord,  wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.



All of these examples of the Holy Spirit show us how it is the Spirit that does the works of God and our flesh can do nothing except by the Spirit.

Please read:  Booklet #1:  Following God by HIS Spirit