Friday, June 7, 2013

Sent by God

Renee Bonfield ... evangelist  

One day, many years ago when I was a fairly new Christian, Wheeler and I were driving our son home from a special Saturday program. I put my head back for a few minutes. Then God put it in my heart to visit a neighbor, Gertrude Brown. She was an elderly Jewish woman who had severe dimentia. That Monday morning I went to visit Gertrude, and to my amazement, her mind was completely clear. An aide was taking care of her. As soon as she saw me she said "Where have you been, Where have you been. I've been calling for you, but I couldn't remember your name." I said "God heard you calling and sent me to visit you." Her husband and sister used to live with her, but they both died. Gertrude told me how sad she was that they both died. 

After a while I asked Gertrude if she would like to accept Jesus Christ as her Savior. With that she opened both her eyes wide, and had the biggest smile on her face and she said "yes, yes." I told her to ask God to forgive her for all her sins.  

About a week later I visited Gertrude again. This time her mind was completely gone. A short time after that Gertrude died.