Monday, June 24, 2013

What are you doing with these people?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Numbers 22 ... And the elders of Moab and the elders of Midian departed with the rewards of divination in their hand; and they came unto Balaam, and spake unto him the words of Balak. 8And he said unto them, Lodge here this night, and I will bring you word again, as the LORD shall speak unto me: and the princes of Moab abode with Balaam. 

9And God came unto Balaam, and said, What men are these with thee? 

God was asking Balaam what he was doing with these people who had nothing to do with God and were even trying to hurt the people of God.  God was giving Balaam a chance to examine himself.  Balaam should have, at that point, questioned why he was allowing those men into his "house" ... But Balaam did not do this.  Instead Balaam wanted the rewards they were offering ... all Balaam had to do to receive honor and reward from them was to curse the people of God.

There are people I just can't be around.  There are even people God has shown me in dreams that I cannot be around.  One of these people is a cousin.  In my heart I know I can't be around these people but my flesh is weak and tries to reason away the truth that is in my heart about them so God helped me by giving me dreams to show me the truth and to keep me separate.

There are other people I prefer not being around for I know they are of the world even though they say they are of God.  When I am with such a person it is like light being with darkness.  As long as I keep silent and let them speak, the darkness reigns.  But when I speak, the darkness wants to flee from me.

God is saying to Balaam:  What kind of men are these that you are with?  (why are you with them?)

As Balaam went in the way with these men, God set HIMSELF against Balaam.

Please read:  Evil from pastors