Monday, June 10, 2013

Call from my cousin

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

One of my cousins called me Saturday.  Her recorded message was on my answerphone.  She had called around Christmas.  I didn't call her back.  I knew she was just stirred up by the fleshly holidays.  This time, however, I decided to return her call.

She told me she had recently gone to a wedding in Albuquerque, NM, USA ... She went to sleep that night and couldn't be awakened the next morning.  She was taken to hospital and awoke in ICU.  The doctors can't find out what happened to her.

My question:  Do you have any pain?

No pain said my cousin.  This cousin is 90 years old and has no pain!

I told her she really doesn't have a problem if there is no pain.  She repeated, "No pain."

I thought what a wonderful thing this would be.  To simply go to sleep with no pain and die.  How much better can it be than that?

But I could tell my cousin had no concept of this though she had been in Church of Christ group all her life.  She has no real understanding.

I considered sending her writings to tell what happens to us after we die.  I even wrote her letter which I didn't mail because I heard the following scripture over this cousin.

Jeremiah 17 ... Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. 6For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. 


After hearing this scripture, I just tore up the letter.  There is nothing I can do to help her.

The following day, I did write her again ... She wanted me to come see her.  She lives about 200 miles from me.  I told her I would rent a car and drive there if she wanted us to talk about spiritual things.  But if she just wants to talk about the past and fleshly things, it will profit nothing to do this.

I told her she spoke of many thing that worry her.  If she could turn to God with each problem and settle it with God she would be able to live in a continual peace.

I sent her the writing:  What happens when we die ... and I sent her portions of the writing Dealing with destructive thoughts.

If she can do any of these things, she can be helped.  At this point, she knows very little about spiritual things though she has faithfully attended her church group for almost 90 years.  Most churches don't teach much about overcoming in this present life.