Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Jesus is the true vine

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus says:  Jn. 15:1 ... I (the Word) am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

The statement concerning "true" vine indicates there are also "false" vines.

We expect a vine to bear fruit.  False vines have an appearance of bearing fruit.  There is an appearance of godliness in many works today.  But it is only Jesus, the Word of God from the Spirit of God that is the true work of God.

False vines:  crosses where people bow down ... lighting of candles for various things ... and many ministries are false vines, holding out an expectation but ending up being only fleshly works which are not really of God's Spirit but are of the ideas of the minister often cloaked in a scripture but bearing no real spiritual fruit.

Jn. 15 ... Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 
4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.  6If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 

We "abide" in Jesus as we do the word spoken by the Spirit of God.  This becomes "obedience unto righteousness."

A year ago, I stopped playing bridge.  And after I walked away, the following scripture was called to my attention.  Phil. 2...Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation,

When I saw that, I just stopped doing anything that caused me to achieve in the sight of other humans.

This scripture gave me the power, as I did it, to stay away from various personal types of achievements.

This is just one example of abiding in HIM, living our lives in HIM.

As we go though life and turn to God in prayer and hear from God by HIS Spirit and believe what we have heard and do what we hear from the Spirit, we abide in HIM.

I see false vines all around.  These are good works in the eyes of humans but I know they are not authored by the Spirit of God.  A woman spoke to me concerning a person who died.  Someone took her cell phone and called all 22 people listed on the cell phone telling of this woman's death. This is a fleshly work which seemed good to the woman telling the story.  I said nothing but I knew it was only a work of the flesh.

In the past, I received emails from men who identified themselves as "pastors" and told me they had set up orphanages and they needed money to keep the work going. To most people, this will seem a good work.  But I know it was not authored by God because the person doing it was not trusting in God but in humans for money to keep the work going.


There are many works being done today in the name of Jesus which cater to the flesh rather than the Spirit.  They seem good to fleshly people.

A key scripture on this is the following.

Jesus said:  Mt. 7 ... Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them,  I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.


The only good works are those works authored by the Spirit of God.  And the works of God minister to the spirit.  The works of the flesh minister to flesh.

Jesus warned them about seeking that of the flesh.  Jesus said:  Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. 27Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.  (Jn. 6)


Lk. 4 ... But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land; 26But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.