Thursday, June 27, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Romans 6:16 ... Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


Before we were born again, we served our own flesh.  We strove to beat other people, to exalt ourselves, to get ahead of other people.  (Can you imagine Jesus or Paul trying to do this?)

But after God speaks to us and gives us HIS Spirit, we are free to go another way.

After I was born again in 1975, a woman said to me:  "I think in you we see a true conversion.  You've changed."

That is what it is all about:  Change   When God reveals HIMSELF to us we are changed.  It is not that we try to change.  We are changed!

After I was born again, I continually spoke the word of God to my parents.  One time when I was visiting them, I went to cabinet in kitchen and I saw some Zodiac coffee mugs.  I removed them from cabinet and put them into paper bag.  My mother who was watching this cried out:  "Stop ... what are you doing ... you gave those mugs to me ..."  I didn't say a word.  I just went to garbage and broke the mugs and threw them into garbage.

When I got back to house, my mother was saying how much she wanted to keep those mugs.

I took Bible and read aloud the following scripture:  Deut. 18 ... When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. 13Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.  14For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.  

After I read that scripture, my mother said:  "Then I guess we'd better not do that any more."

Later I got a letter from my uncle.  He said, "Your mother is different ... She has really changed." 

I believe she was born again the day she agreed with the scripture I read to her.