Sunday, June 9, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 116:9 ... I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


Amos 3:3 ... Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Psalm 137 ... By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 2We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 3For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.   4How shall we sing the LORD’S song in a strange land?

The world cannot understand the things of the Spirit of God.  (I Cor. 2)

For the most part, we do not share the things of God with the world.  There are exception such as Philip the evangelist being sent to explain the scriptures to the Eunuch.  (Acts 8)

But for the most part, we share things of God with the people of God.

I Jn. 2 ... I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.


Jesus warned:  Mt. 7 ... Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.



So before you share things of God with unbelievers, you'd better pray and be sure it is God showing you to do this.

There is a unbeliever who will call and ask me to dinner occasionally.  I usually meet her for dinner when she asks me.  I never ask her to join me.  Often before meeting her I will pray, asking God to have me speak to her only those things HE would want me to speak.  It is amazing how quiet I end up being.  I do not often share things of God with her.   We speak of secular things and mostly she speaks and I just eat my food.

We who are of God, walk in the light of God with the living, with others who belong to God.  Many call themselves Christians without having the Spirit of God.  I do not usually share things of God with them.  But when a person has the Spirit of God I can freely share.  But I don't find many who have the Spirit of God.

Jesus said:  Mt. 7 ... Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:  14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.