Saturday, June 8, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 147:10 ... He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man. 11 The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


God is not like man.  We humans have tendency to delight in accomplishments of other humans.  God delights in those of us who put our trust in HIM and in those who do what HE shows us to do.  When we do this, we worship God.  Worship of God is not singing of songs as some church groups like to do.  Worship of God is doing the word of God in our respective lives.  A person can sing songs and still not do the word of God and that person can go away from a church situation feeling an emotional sensation but still failing to trust God in the matters pertaining to his life.  

We live in peace when we turn to God with the trouble and hear from the Spirit of God and trust in that which God shows us.

Paul said:  Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. 12For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.  I Tim. 1

Paul spoke some very hard messages and was often attacked by the religious people of his day because of the message he spoke.

Just imagine how upset they were with Paul when he told the New Testament Church that they no longer had to be circumcised.  Circumcision in prior days was a commandment of God for HIS people.  Now Paul comes telling them if they are circumcised they do not have faith in Jesus.  Galatians

But Paul knew he was hearing from the Spirit of God with this doctrine.  Paul suffered greatly in the attacks from religious people.  But Paul was not ashamed because he knew the word he was speaking was from God and he committed himself to God in the persecution and was fully persuaded that God was able to keep him.

This is the same pattern we use.  I've often been attacked by church people and religious leaders when I have shared the message I believe to be from God.  Each time during the attack, I turn to God in prayer and God will bring a thought to my mind by the Spirit of God to confirm the direction I am going.  And I am stabilized by God through His Spirit.  II Tim. 3 ... all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.


We go through persecution from religious people.  Paul said the following:  I know whom I have believed, 

We know the "WHOM" we believed was God.  It was God who taught us and not man.  We are not following the tradition of man in religious groups.  We are trying as we speak to turn man to God and break down religious idols that are not of God.