Sunday, June 9, 2013

Following God by the Spirit

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I just finished re-reading Matthew, Mark, Luke ... Jesus said many things to the people that I can't do.

I believe Jesus said many of these things to them to show them they can't do them either. 

It is only when the Spirit of God tells me something that I have the power to do that thing.  And it is only by this that I know the will of God in the matter at hand.

Do scriptures give conflicting instructions?  They certainly do.  Consider the following scriptures.

Lk. 6:30 ... Give to every man that asketh of thee;

II Thess. 3:10 ... For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

So an able bodied man comes to you asking you to give him money for food?  Which of the above scriptures do you follow?

Unless you have the Spirit of God and follow God by HIS Spirit you wouldn't know what to do.  But if you follow God by HIS Spirit you can turn to God in prayer and hear what to do by HIS Spirit.

One way we hear from God by HIS Spirit is as follows:

Jn. 14:26 ... But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall ... bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


So the able bodied man comes to us asking us for money for food ... We pray and are reminded of the following ... if any would not work, neither should he eat... so we know not to give money to this man.

This is the way we are led by the Spirit.

Recently a man asked me to send him Bibles for his church group.  I asked God what to do and was reminded of the following ... But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land; 26But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow. Lk. 4

I knew God was telling me not to give Bibles to this man.  (Sadly there are a great many today in ministries who are  "covetous" of money, wanting our money ... they may guise it as good works but this only shows they fail to have faith in God for if they had faith in God they would not have to ask us for our money ... As we try to keep a good heart and are willing to do what God wants and turn to God asking Him what HE wants us to do about that specific thing, we are certainly in a position to hear correctly from the Spirit of God.)

Several years ago, when I owned a business, I was offered free legal service amounting to $10,000 ... I turned to God asking him what to do ... and after prayer I was reminded of the following scripture ... Abraham said ... I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, 23That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:  Gen. 14:22

I knew God was showing me to turn down this "free" service.

When I was invited to go speak to a group of churches, I prayed, asking God what HE wanted me to do.  After prayer, I was reminded of the following:  Lk. 16 ...They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead. 

By this I knew God was telling me, "Don't go ... if they can't understand what you write, neither will they understand what you speak if you stand in front of them in the flesh.  It will just wear you down and will accomplish no good work of God."


If you have the Spirit of God, and pray with a good heart ... "What do YOU want? " ... God will show you.

Jesus said ... Jn. 5:30 ... I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

When we pray and the Holy Spirit reminds us of something to show us what to do, we then have a secure anchor for our soul and the gates of hell will not prevail against that which we are shown by God in the matter at hand.

Read Booklet #1:  Following God by HIS Spirit